I’ve been quite busy with the actual product I’ve put out. Since I last posted (in no particular order)…
- The site has seen its two pilot groups debut almost without a hitch.
- During development, I was assuming that we would have a potential concurrent user base in the hundreds. It now is clear that the number is in the thousands. This has led to a large amount of hard work for me that I don’t enjoy in a short amount of time.
- The needs of the project in general are now larger than I can assuredly handle. I’ve had to accept this and just be thankful that I still have a job each morning.
- I’ve been offered a new job in principle. The fellow who offered it to me will be back this week to discuss specifics. Think: more pay, less work.
- My current boss is in town this week to discuss where we are right now, and where we can be in the future. Timing with above is intriguing.
- I’ve learned it is a possibility that the project could fail and it wouldn’t necessarily be my fault; one needs an entire team of non-developers for the project to be a success. One good developer isn’t enough.
I hope to post more in the near future, but who knows what tomorrow brings?