Jim Does Dinner
The recipe was the sauce for a Jamaican Jerk sauce. I’ll provide it, because I like to share. https://a.co/d/The Barbecue! Bible
- 2 to 16 scotch bonnet chiles. Habeneros also work.
- 2 bunches scallions, white and green parts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 medium onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 piece fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, or 2 teaspoons dry
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons (kosher or sea) salt
- 1 tablesppon firmly packed brown sugar
- Combine the chiles, scallions, onion, ginger and garlic in a food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Add the thyme, allspice, pepper, nutmeg, cinnamon, vinegar, soy sauce, oil, salt and sugar and process to a smooth purï¿½e.
There you go! That’s the sauce. I’m not going to do the whole recipe, which yields yummy pork tenderloins. I highly recommend the book, it’s got plenty of great dishes even for people who eat things beside meat.