In Other News
It’s been a little while since I gave a personal update. Wrote a song about it, like to hear it, here it goes.
- Work at my new job is prgressing nicely. I’m finding interesting things to work on, get along well with my boss, and have lots of freedom to take my own initiatives and explore new areas to learn. As long as the work gets done.
- My old job is still rearing my head six weeks after I left, ten weeks after I gave my notice. I’ve had it. I’m going to equip the company who would like the business to do what I’ve been doing and wash my hands of the whole situation.
- For my personal life, it looks like an interesting week. Elizabeth an I had a great time hanging out on Monday night after her doctor’s appointment at the VCU hospital.
- Dan’s coming down tonight, and it’ll be great to see him.
- Megan and I had quite a good talk on Tuesday night and I’ll be writing more about it once my feelings stay in one place for more than two hours.
- Sports watching has been pretty satisfying recently, with UT winning a classic type game over Georgia, Houston making the playoffs in baseball and representing themselves well on the football field. Sure, my area has to watch the Redskins on TV (no offense, but yuck!) but it’s still been an interesting NFL season. I can see why Direct Ticket does so well with that “All NFL games” package. (drool)