RailsConf Writeups: Day 2
Friday was the first “real day” of the conference, with DHH’s opening keynote (well summarized by Patrick Reagan at the time) and the first day of sessions. You’ll have to wait for my own summary post on the entire conference to get my impressions of the keynote speakers.
My day included:
- Bob Martin’s Clean Code
- Jay Field’s presentation on Taking Rails Tests to the Next Level
- Building and Working with Static Sites in Ruby on Rails from Ben Scofield
- Standing on the Shoulders of Giants from Adam Keys
- A trip to Joyent Happy Hour
- Getting back in time for Ze Frank’s keynote
After that, Jon, Patrick and I had a horrible dinner at American Cowgirls which I will now erase from my memory forever. After that, we walked to some bar whose name I can’t remember where I fell asleep in a chair on the back patio. We took a cab back to the hotel, and I relished my good fortune.