OpsCode at SurgeCon 2010
- Disintermediation: Developers can freely experiment.
- Isolation: Applications safely co-exist
- Utilization: Best use of expensive resources
This is what you are paying for.
- CapEx versus OpEx
- The Cloud is not “Cheaper”
- Do you have money, time, or experience?
What are you willing to pay for?
There is a tremendous amount of information in this slide show, and I can only fully contextualize parts of it. Exciting times are ahead.
I couldn’t agree more with the observation that much complexity can be moved up the stack to the HTTP protocol. The tooling around the message’s form and its method of delivery are multiplying in number and accelerating in quality. And you can read the results in your browser, sometimes, too!